Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What is your word of the year?

I was recently asked what my word of the year was, something I am striving to do everyday this year. So I have choose the word UNDERSTANDING and I strive everyday to be more understanding in every aspect of my life this year!


Now what exactly does that mean?? That means that when my husband does something that I cannot fathom I make my best attempt to remain calm and understand that it was something he felt he needed to do. When my son cries constantly all day bc he doesn't feel well I have to remind myself that frustration doesn't get me anywhere and that I have to understand that he is just a baby. When my animals bark and wake up my sleeping child that doesn't feel well I have to find a way to understand that they are just animals!!!


Now did I say this was an easy task?? No I did not! From personal experience I can tell you that it is very difficult but that there is nothing more rewarding than a more understanding and harmonious home!!


Now let me challenge you to choose a word that you want to strive to apply to your daily life and find a few examples in your daily life that could apply! You may be surprised how good it makes you feel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment