Saturday, February 18, 2012

I dont usually blog on the weekends but I need to rant!

So we went out for what has always been a lovely dinner at Alaska Alder Grill here in Minot, ND with some friends. Now again let me remind you, we have been there a few other times and never had this bad of an experience but they recently changed management and lets just say it has gone down hill.


We arrived at 630 and it was basically empty and we were seated right away. We placed our order got our drinks and everything was moving along nicely. Now things start to head down hill, We waited an hour before receiving our food and when the food arrived they apparently assumed that my husband ordered nothing but a cup of soup because the pheasant he ordered didn't come out so his friend Adam cancelled his order and gave my husband his pheasant since they ordered the same thing! My chicken was raw so I sent it back and apparently they thought it was appropriate to bring my chicken back charred and black. Did I mention that the manager was completely condescending and acted as she shouldn't have to fix anything that I was complaining about. During this time my husband sampled the pheasant and decided that we paid 26 dollars for the worst pheasant he had ever had and decided it tasted more like chicken! Shortly thereafter a piece of their decor which was a tree branch fell onto two people at another table and had my child been sitting in his high chair it would have knocked him in the head! The manager came over and removed a steak knife from our table to cut the branch down with and then handed it back to me and reminded  me not to use it, seriously?? So during this time the restaurant was filling with smoke from their grill so I took Coleman to the bathroom to change his diaper where I found no changing station and ended up having to change him on a blanket on the cold tile floor....after returning to the table we were told that they would comp the chicken that cost a whole 12 dollars!!! At this rate my son's allergies were in full swing due to the smoke and his eyes were bright red and gooey and he was coughing So I had my husband take him to the car. I ended up paying 35 dollars for a disaster of a meal and let me tell you that we will not be going back ever again. Good service and practical accommodations make people come back time and time again, and we received neither.


Can't wait to say goodbye for good to Minot, ND, this place SUCKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment