Monday, February 13, 2012

A quote and completion of day 5



I saw this quote posted on facebook the other day by a very dear and longtime friend. I repeat it here because it speaks revelations to me! "Life is not ideal so be prepared to adjust; people are not ideal so bare with them; relationships are not ideal so be tolerant and willing to forgive". This is from the book "Life is not ideal, Deal with it" by Michelle M. Russell, now I have not actually read this book but I have purchased it for our kindle fire because it looks like it could be a very good read! I'll give you a review when I finish it up!

Now back to this quote. This quote speaks so bluntly to so many situations that I have been in over the years. It reminds us that we must adjust, bare with people, be tolerant, and forgiving. Now lets keep in mind that none of these actions that I just mentioned are easy tasks to complete. Nevertheless life can be that much easier in some cases when we find the strength within ourselves to do exactly this. If you are anything like me it is very difficult to bite your tongue; never mind actually admit that I am wrong. These are characteristics of myself that could use some adjustment and my husband is often too tolerant and forgiving and always bares with me! Funny how that works huh?? I need to do the adjusting but he manages the other 3 with ease on a daily basis.....my husband is no saint but it seems that it's time for me to do some self evaluation. Sometimes I really surprise myself where these posts actually end up!

If anyone is interested in reading this book it can be purchased on amazon.com for .99 cents electronically, here is the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment