Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A picture taken over 10 years ago....Day 10


So today I am sharing with you a picture taken during my freshman year in high school. I have this picture framed in my house and it always makes me smile. The three girls in this picture are all very different, but two of us are very alike. The girl to your left is me. The girl in the middle is a person I have lost touch with. The girl to your right it my best friend in this whole world. She met me at a time in my life when things were perfect. Then things all fell apart and she was the only person left standing beside me.

When this picture was taken the girl in the middle was the person standing between us in my opinon, ironic huh? High school was a rough time for Tammy and I, we were both headed in different directions. Our past held something special for both of us despite where the future had taken us.

Today that girl you see in that picture with me is someone I love so dearly. We dont talk everyday but we dont have to. We can pick up the phone every 6 months and it seems as if we just spoke yesterday. We have been through so much together and and sadly have spent alot of time apart, but true friendships arent weathered by distance. She is an amazing mother, wife, and person in general, she is inspiring and thats what I saw in her the first day I met her in 4th grade. Funny how to this day when I think of my my mom a specific memory with my mother and Tammy always comes to mind :) She knows which one! Tammy and I have disappointed each other at times but this friendship is something amazing that has survived over a decade and 2 years short of an entire generation!

I love you Tammy, you will be forever and always in my heart for the of our lives and beyond :)

No comments:

Post a Comment