Friday, February 3, 2012

There is no way to turn back time, but what if there was?


We can’t turn back time, but we can learn from the past. If you could change 1 thing about your childhood or past, what would you change? Now for some of us there may be more than 1 thing but you have to pick just one. For some they will choose to change a choice they made and others will choose to change something that happened outside of their control and others actually wouldnt change anything.

I can honestly say that I would not be the person that I am today without every single thing I have been through. Each thing has shaped me to be the wife, mother, daughter, and friend that I am today. I may not be perfect and I obviously make mistakes but everytime I think about this question the first thing that comes to mind is having my mother in my life again even if she had been gone for all of these 13 years instead of dying. I very well may be a very different person if she were still alive but I dont think it would be for the worst.

Given there is no way to turn back time and have my mother back in my life, no matter what I do she will have always passed away almost 14 years ago. Though I honestly am ok with the way things turned out for me. I have a beautiful family, a roof over my head, a college degree, and a support system like no other. So since I can't change this one thing, I really dont think there is anything else I would have done differently. Each decision I have made may not have been the right one but it is the decision that got me where I am today and this place is somewhere that I am happy with and very proud of myself. I feel my mother would feel the same way, ok well at least I hope she feels that way!

So here is my challenge to you. Comment one thing that you would change if anything at all and why?? Im interested!

This blog post was inspired by Lisa Graf
Photo credit to http://artsytime.com

No comments:

Post a Comment