Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The thing about advice....


I found a few interesting quotes online today that arI wanted to share that really made me think and maybe some of you will enjoy them :)

I am glad that I paid so little attention to good advice; had I followed it I might have been saved from some of my most valuable mistakes. - Edna St. Vincent Millay

We should be careful and discriminating in all the advice we give. We should be especially careful in  giving advice that we would not think of following ourselves. Most of all, we ought to avoid giving counsel which we don't follow when it damages those who take us at our word. - Adlai Stevenson

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - Robert Frost

He only profits from praise who values criticism. - Heinrich Heine

I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite. - G. K. Chesterton

Advice is one of those things it is far more blessed to give than to receive. - Carolyn Wells

I have truly come to feel that there is often a double standard, even when advise is being given. I recommend always finding a neutral person who has nothing to loose or gain. Should the advice vary from person to person in the same situation?? In my opinion I just don't think it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment