Thursday, March 1, 2012

Skipping Day 15 to speak from the heart.....


Somehow I knew that Pawpaw would somehow bring this family back together......

The past two days have brought alot of emotion to the family I have come to love as my own over the past 3 years since I married their son, grandson, brother, nephew and cousin. As we laid Pawpaw to rest today I felt our family that has distanced over the past 3 years grow back together as we mourned our loss and comforted each other. My only regret is that it didnt happen sooner so that Pawpaw could have a few more memories of his family as a whole. In our moments of sadness and grief we banned together to be the family that we have always been, a family that Herbert Wood taught us all how to be. We may not be back to normal but we have certainly established a new normal that has great posibilities as we move forward to the future and strive to live more like Pawpaw did while he was on this earth. My biggest fear in the past few years was that my child would never know this family for the wonderful people that they can be, my fears are now put to rest. In the coming months we will welcome baby Lucas Michael Bowen to the Wood/Bean/White/Bowen family and that is a sign from God that everything will be ok and that life must go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment